Welcome to Storyteller Alley! Storyteller Alley, LLC (“Storyteller Alley” or “Company”) is the operator of the www.storytelleralley.com site.
To all users, we grant you a personal, limited, non-transferable, non-exclusive license to access and use our site. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion and without notice to you, to revise the products and services available on our site and to change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of our site and we will not be liable to you or to any third party for doing so. We may also impose rules for and limits on use of our site or restrict your access to part, or all, of our site without notice or penalty. Your continued use of our site will constitute your acceptance of any such changes.
End User: All users who review or purchase downloadable digital books
Authors/Publishers: All users who upload works to our site for distribution through online sales of digital downloads or shipment of printed copies.
- Site Usage: You may use StorytellerAlley.com for your own noncommercial personal use and in compliance with these terms. You are responsible for your own communications, including the transmission, uploading or posting of information to our site and are responsible for the consequences of such communications. Any other use of our site requires the prior written consent of Storyteller Alley. You may not otherwise copy, modify, or distribute the contents of our site without our prior written consent. You may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer of, sell, create derivative works from, or in any way exploit any of the content found on our site, in whole or in part.
- Prohibited Use: We prohibit the use of our site for any of the following purposes:
- Posting, communicating or transmitting any material that infringes on any intellectual property, publicity or privacy right of another person or entity;
- Posting any information which is untrue, inaccurate or not your own;
- Engaging in conduct that would constitute a criminal offense or give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law or regulation;
- Attempting to interfere in any way with the Site, or Storyteller Alley’s network security, or attempting to use the Site service to gain unauthorized access to any other computer system; and
- Using the Site to drop ship merchandise to third parties
You may not use spiders, robots, data mining techniques or other automated devices or programs to catalog, download or otherwise reproduce, store or distribute content available on our site. Further, you may not use any such automated means to manipulate our site, such as automating what are otherwise manual or one-off procedures. You may not take any action to interfere with, or disrupt our site or any other user's use of our site, including, without limitation, via means of overloading, “flooding”, “mailbombing” or “crashing” the Site, circumventing security or user authentication measures or attempting to exceed the limited authorization and access granted to you under these terms. You may not frame portions of our site within another web site. You may not resell use of, or access to, our site to any third party without our prior written consent.
- Registration and Passwords:. To make purchases and to post content on our site, users will be required to create an account. All information used to create the account must be truthful. Any access codes or passwords provided should be safeguarded at all times. You are responsible for the security of your access codes and passwords and will be solely liable for any use or unauthorized use. We may suspend or terminate your access at any time with or without notice.
- Additional Terms: You agree that additional terms and conditions may apply to specific products, orders or your use of certain portions of our site, including with respect to ordering, shipping and return policies, review guidelines and the Book Points Program.
- Minimum User Age: As content on this site may not be suitable for children, you must be 18 in order to create an account on our site. Should we discover an account was created by someone under the age of 18, that account will be terminated.
- Fraud Prevention: We reserve the right to review any transaction made on our site for fraud or other types of unauthorized or illegal activity. We reserve the right to refuse to process an order due to suspected fraud or unauthorized or illegal activity. If we suspect fraudulent, unauthorized or illegal activity, we may reject your order.
- Transactions and Sales: Users making purchases through our site may be asked to supply your billing address, and your shipping information. All credit card information will be collected and processed by Paypal.com. You represent and warrant that you have the legal right to use any credit card(s) or other payment method(s) utilized in connection with any transaction. Verification of information may be required prior to the acknowledgment or completion of any transaction.
All descriptions, images, references, features, content, specifications, products, and prices of products and services described or depicted on our site are subject to change at any time without notice. The inclusion of any products or services on our site does not imply or warrant that these products or services will be available. It is your responsibility to ascertain and obey all applicable local, state, federal, and international laws (including minimum age requirements) in regard to the receipt, possession, use, and sale of any item purchased from our site. By placing an order, you represent that the products ordered will be used only in a lawful manner. Storyteller Alley reserves the right, with or without prior notice, to (i) limit the available quantity of or discontinue any product or service; (ii) impose conditions on the honoring of any coupon, coupon code, promotional code, or other similar promotion; (iii) bar any user from making or completing any or all transaction(s); and/or (iv) refuse to provide any user with any product or service.
You agree that by placing an order on our site, you are entering into a binding contract with Storyteller Alley and agree to pay all charges that may be incurred by you or on your behalf, at the price(s) in effect when such charges are incurred including, without limitation, all shipping and handling charges. In addition, you remain responsible for any taxes that may be applicable to your purchase.
- Proprietary Rights: You acknowledge and agree that the content (other than content submitted by you), materials, text, images, videos, graphics, trademarks, logos, button icons, music, software and other elements available on StorytellerAlley.com are the property of Storyteller Alley, LLC or our licensors and are protected by copyright, trademark and/or other proprietary rights and laws. You agree not to sell, license, rent, distribute, copy, reproduce, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, publish, adapt, edit, modify or create derivative works from any content or materials on our site. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. All of our site’s content is copyrighted by Storyteller Alley, LLC. All rights reserved. Except as expressly set forth in these Terms, no license is granted to you and no rights are conveyed by virtue of accessing or using our site. All rights not granted under these terms are reserved by Storyteller Alley.
- Site Contributions: Storyteller Alley values and encourages our users to interact and submit content to our site. When contributing content, please consider the following guidelines:
By submitting or posting any materials or content on the Site, you grant Storyteller Alley a perpetual, irrevocable, non-terminable, worldwide, royalty-free and non-exclusive license to use, copy, distribute, publicly display, modify, create derivative works, and sublicense such materials or any part of such materials. You hereby represent, warrant and covenant that any materials you provide do not include anything (including, but not limited to, text, images, music or video) to which you do not have the full right to grant Storyteller Alley the license specified above. You further represent, warrant and covenant that any materials you provide will not contain libelous or otherwise unlawful, abusive or obscene material. Storyteller Alley will be entitled to use any content submitted by you without incurring obligations of confidentiality, attribution or compensation to you.
All contributed content submitted for review and sale on our site is subject to the terms set forth below, which include our policy regarding copyright infringement;
We reserve the right not to post your content if it contains any of the following types of content or violates other guidelines. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when contributing content, you will not:
- Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- Use obscenities, discriminatory language, or other language not suitable for a public forum;
- Post advertisements, “spam” content, or references to other products, offers, or websites;
- Post email addresses, URLs, phone numbers, physical addresses or other forms of contact information;
- Post unduly critical or spiteful comments of other content posted on the page or its authors;
- Post files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy or publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have expressly received all necessary consents;
- Post files or content that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another's computer;
- Falsify or delete any author attributions, legal or other proper notices or proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of software or other material contained in a file that is uploaded, or impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
In addition, if you wish to share feedback with us about product selection, pricing, ordering, delivery or other customer service issues, please do not submit this feedback through a content submission. Instead, contact us directly via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Taxes: Your total price will include the price of the product plus any applicable sales tax; such state and local sales tax, is based on the shipping address and the sales tax rate in effect at the time you purchase the product. We will charge tax only to those orders physically delivered to customers within the state of Maryland. Digital downloads are not taxed.
- Important Kentucky sales tax information regarding the tax you may owe directly to the state of Kentucky. We are not required to and do not collect Kentucky sales or use tax. Your purchase may be subject to Kentucky use tax unless the purchase is exempt from taxation in Kentucky. The purchase is not exempt merely because it is made over the Internet, by catalog, or by other remote means. The Commonwealth of Kentucky requires Kentucky purchasers to report all purchases of tangible personal property or digital property that are not taxed by the retailer and pay use tax on those purchases unless exempt under Kentucky law. The tax may be reported and paid on the Kentucky individual income tax return or by filing a consumer use tax return with the Kentucky Department of Revenue. These forms and corresponding instructions may be found on the Kentucky Department of Revenue's Internet Web site.
- Legal Responsibilities: All users who upload works to StorytellerAlley.com who upload works to be reviewed by Storyteller Alley and/or sold on StorytellerAlley.com understand and warrant that you are the legal publisher of the work and that you control all rights and assume all liabilities associated with the publication of the work.
- Permission to distribute: It is the sole responsibility of the author/publisher to ensure that they have permissions to distribute and sell a work prior to submission to our site.
- Copyright: The author/publisher is also responsible for filing for copyrights for the work, and for placing a copyright notice with in the work. Any work copyright shall remain with the author/publisher and the author/publisher
- Storyteller Alley specifically prohibits the posting of any content that violates or infringes the copyright rights and/or other intellectual property rights (including rights of privacy and publicity) of any person or entity. If you believe that any material contained on this Site infringes your copyright or other intellectual property rights, you should notify us of your copyright infringement claim in accordance with the following procedure. Storyteller Alley will process notices of alleged infringement that it receives and will take appropriate action as required by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”). The DMCA requires that notifications of claimed copyright infringement should be sent to the following address:Storyteller Alley, LLC, 502 Windy Knolls Court, Millersville, MD 21108
To be effective, the notification must be in writing and contain the following information (DMCA, 17 U.S.C. §512(c)(3)):
Physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail address at which the complaining party may be contacted;
A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Please contact us with any questions or concerns in connection with these terms or the Site, or to provide any notice under these terms.
- As-Is Delivery: With rare exception, Storyteller Alley will review and present for sale any work as it is delivered to us, and not edit or modify the work. Certain modifications may occur during upload, and Storyteller Alley does not guarantee accurate preservation of the work’s formatting.
- Review and Acceptance Process: Storyteller Alley will review all works submitted to our site and provide feedback to the author/publisher upon decline or acceptance of the work. We may decide not to make an Author’s work available for sale, despite a work having met our listing guidelines or may decide to discontinue its availability for sale on our site for any reason, and no reason need be provided. Except in the cases of gross violations of these terms, Storyteller Alley will make every attempt to notify the author/publisher via email priori to removal to of any issues that might prevent continued sale of the work.
- Revisions and Removal: Authors/Publishers are free to update, revise, or remove their works from our site at any time, however, a digital copy of the work will remain available to those end users who have purchased it prior to removal
- Royalties: Provided that an author/publisher has provided sufficient certification of copyright, and no notifications of infringement or defamation have been received, authors will receive 70% of all digital downloads from our site. Payments will be paid on the last Saturday of each month, expect in those instances where the author/publisher is notified of a change to the payment schedule.
- Free Copies: Authors are free to make their titles free for download on StorytellerAlley.com.
- Promotional Rights: Storyteller Alley reserves the right to distribute samples of any work listed for sale on our site for the purpose of marketing and promoting StorytellerAlley.com and its services.
- General Disclaimer: You assume all responsibility and risk with respect to your use of our site. THE SITE, AND ALL CONTENT, MERCHANDISE, AND OTHER INFORMATION ON OR ACCESSIBLE FROM OR THROUGH THIS SITE OR A “LINKED” SITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, SECURITY OR ACCURACY. SPECIFICALLY, BUT WITHOUT LIMITATION, STORYTELLER ALLEY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT: (1) THE INFORMATION ON THIS SITE IS CORRECT, ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; (2) THE FUNCTIONS CONTAINED ON THIS SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE; OR (3) DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THIS SITE OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. Storyteller Alley makes no warranties of any kind regarding any non-Storyteller Alley sites to which you may be directed or hyperlinked from this Site. Hyperlinks are included solely for your convenience, and Storyteller Alley makes no representations or warranties with regard to the accuracy, availability, suitability or safety of information provided in such non-Storyteller Alley sites. Storyteller Alley does not endorse, warrant or guarantee any products or services offered or provided by or on behalf of third parties on the Site.
- Limitation of Liability: EXCEPT IN THE CASES OF WILLFUL MISCONDUCT AND RECKLESS CONDUCT ON THE PART OF STORYTELLER ALLEY, IN NO EVENT SHALL STORYTELLER ALLEY, ITS PARENT COMPANY, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, SUBSIDIARIES, SUPPLIERS, AFFILIATES, OR THIRD PARTIES PROVIDING INFORMATION ON THIS SITE BE LIABLE TO ANY USER OF THE SITE OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA, OR LOSS OF USE) ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, WHETHER BASED UPON WARRANTY, CONTRACT OR TORT (NEGLIGENCE). EVEN IF STORYTELLER ALLEY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE KNOWN OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR LOSSES. EXCEPT IN THE CASES OF WILLFUL MISCONDUCT AND RECKLESS CONDUCT ON THE PART OF STORYTELLER ALLEY, IN NO EVENT SHALL THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF STORYTELLER ALLEY, ITS AFFILIATES OR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, SUBSIDIARIES, SUPPLIERS, AFFILIATES OR THIRD PARTIES PROVIDING INFORMATION ON THIS SITE TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THIS SITE, WHETHER IN WARRANTY, CONTRACT OR TORT (NEGLIGENCE), EXCEED THE AMOUNT YOU PAID TO STORYTELLER ALLEY IN CONNECTION WITH THE EVENT GIVING RISE TO SUCH LIABILITY. You hereby acknowledge that the preceding paragraph shall apply to all content, merchandise and services available through the Site.
- International Use: We control and operate our site from the United States. We make no representation that materials on our site are appropriate or available for use outside the United States. If you choose to access our site from outside the United States, you do so at your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
- Risk of Loss: Physical merchandise purchased from our Site will be shipped by a third party carrier. As a result, title and risk of loss for such merchandise will pass to you upon our delivery to the carrier.
- Waiver; Remedies : The failure of Storyteller Alley to partially or fully exercise any rights or the waiver of Storyteller Alley of any breach of these Terms and Conditions by you shall not prevent a subsequent exercise of such right by Storyteller Alley or be deemed a waiver by Storyteller Alley of any subsequent breach by you of the same or any other term of these Terms. The rights and remedies of Storyteller Alley under these Terms and any other applicable agreement between you and Storyteller Alley shall be cumulative, and the exercise of any such right or remedy shall not limit Storyteller Alley’s right to exercise any other right or remedy.
- Governing Law: The laws of the State of Maryland shall govern these Terms without regard to conflict of laws provisions.
- Disputes: Any dispute relating in any way to your visit to, or use of, the Site, to the products you purchase through the Site, or to your relationship to Storyteller Alley shall be submitted to confidential arbitration in Millersville, MD; provided, however, that to the extent that you have in any manner violated or threatened to violate our intellectual property rights, we may seek injunctive or other appropriate relief in any state or federal court in the State of Maryland. You hereby consent to, and waive all defenses of lack of personal jurisdiction and forum non conveniens with respect to, venue and jurisdiction in the state and federal courts of Maryland. Arbitration under these Terms will be conducted pursuant to the Commercial Arbitration Rules then prevailing at the American Arbitration Association. The arbitrator’s award will be final and binding and may be entered into as a judgment in any court of competent jurisdiction. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, no arbitration under these Terms will be joined to an arbitration involving any other party subject to this Terms, whether through class action proceedings or otherwise. You agree that regardless of any statute or law to the contrary, any claim or cause of action arising out of, related to or connected with the use of this Site or these terms must be filed within one (1) year after such claim of action arose or be forever banned.
Arbitration is more informal than a lawsuit in court. Arbitration uses a neutral arbitrator instead of a judge or jury, allows for more limited discovery than in court, and is subject to very limited review by courts. Arbitrators can award the same damages and relief that a court can award.
YOU AND STORYTELLER ALLEY AGREE THAT EACH MAY ONLY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. Further, unless both you and Storyteller Alley agree otherwise, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person's claims with your claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding. The arbitrator may award declaratory or injunctive relief only in favor of the individual party seeking relief and only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by that party's individual claim.
Questions: Should you have any questions regarding these Terms you may contact us at email@example.com